Art and Dance

Divine Urban Expressions Cultural Arts N Dance is on a mission to Teach Love2 Children through the Arts So that they may Learn, Observe, Visualize and Express love4self, love for their creative abilities, and love4others. In essence we seek to nuture the God Gifted Talents of  underserved Youth and Families thus empowering them to rise to their greatness and thus influence change in their communities. Free Dance Classes and Dance Practice are led by Jr. Instructor and Young Artist, 14 yr old,  Dynamic Ray every Wednesday beginning with a free dinner at 5:30 followed by class from 6:00-8:30PM.  

Canvas Can Do Miracles Art Studio, Directed by Jackie Holloway offers FREE art classes for children and adults interested in art. The classes are also offered as therapy for individuals entangled in a life of drug addiction/substance abuse, exposing students to varying aspects of art history and education, from the old masters to local and regional artists.

The program we designed provides supporting services and mentoring for those in the community desiring or receiving substance abuse treatment, by using art as an effective tool in recovery. The objectives are to enhance artist talents and techniques, build self-esteem, and to increase  knowledge of potential careers using the skills learned.

The studio provided students, young and old, with an overview of art instruction, education, and intervention, enhancing their ability to bring about spiritual change through art.

Classes are held Wednesday’s nights starting at 5:30pm with a hot meal and class begins at 6:00pm until 8:30. All food, materials and supplies are free. Exhibits and shows will be held at The Avenue and other local and district locations. Students are encouraged to produce art work for sale, whereby, 70% is paid to the student and the remaining 30% is donated to The Avenue.



 

©2019 by The Avenue. Proudly created with Wix.com